Happy Holidays Everyone!
Well it’s been awhile since I last blogged and miss it dearly. I began writing this post while sitting in my hotel room in Huntington Beach California waiting to conduct and interview last week. It seemed to be a good time to write… especially seeing as Thinking out loud was one of my favourite things to write and after 6 interviews I needed some enjoyment.
This is an opportunity in the week to talk about things that are on your mind which is a really cool idea!
- I cannot believe Christmas is over! Not only did I not prepare at all for Christmas but I didn’t shop until last minute. Everyone almost got a “I Love California” t-shirt from LAX. Luckily my mom was there to add a voice of reason to that option. I think my siblings were happy that I took moms advice.
- I have decided that I am going to Run the Calgary Marathon again this year and I am determined to do a sub 3:30 Marathon! Started training a couple days ago and so excited for this journey! Its so true when they say its impossible to train for a marathon and not have it change you. Running makes me feel alive, free and more like myself then almost anything else. So excited for this new challenge and hoping to have as much fun as I did last year!
- I don’t usually speak about relationship drama in my blog but I feel like this one is an exception. I had to end a relationship with a lovely man last night and it was tough but the right thing to do. Our relationship over the past 5 months had been the most eye opening relationship I have had to date. It may sound weird but he taught me more about myself then any other relationship I have been part of. He gave me a new perspective on relationships and for that I feel blessed. Every situation is either a blessing or a lesson… this was both.
- I love my new job. I am still with the same amazing company but now I travel around the world as the Manager of Customer experiences ensuring that our customers are happy. Since October I have been in London England, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Boston, New York, Chicago, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Los Angeles (3 times), Salt Lake City, Madison and Huntington Beach. Exciting right? I am definitely feeling really blessed.
- I had so much fun as a blonde I decide to give brunette a shot. Well actually all the traveling was making it hard to keep up the blonde so I went back to my natural color! After three years as a blonde I am enjoying the change.
- I have a new apartment! Its not perfect but its cozy and I love it. I have actually had it since October however I have only been home a couple times since then so yes there are still boxes in the spare room. I am hoping to change that when I am home this week!
- My momma just finished her Yoga teaching certification! I am so proud of her and know she will make an excellent teacher! How cute is she! True Canadian barefoot in the snow lol
- Finding good candidates in the medical industry is tough. Anyone have any tips on finding good recruits for sales and applications support in the Cardiac medical industry?
- I am going to have to do the majority of my marathon training on the road. My days consist of site visits, interviews and paperwork. I am so exhausted by the end of the day but need to stay motivated. Any suggestions? The plus side is that I occasionally get to run on the beach.
- Im loving California. The sun, the ocean, the beach, the food… I love it all.
- Im loving this new book I am reading! Currently I am reading Drive. Its a book on what motivates people and I just adore it. Definitely suggest it to others to read.
- Sleeping on the airplane… I cannot seem to shut down my work brain but would love to learn to sleep on the airplane. I used to be able to do it but can’t anymore. Any tips on turning off the corporate brain?
Overall life has been quite the ride over the past six months but I am finally feeling like me again and loving every minute of it. 2017 is going to be a great year and I cannot wait to get back into writing and take you along for the ride with me.
Remember everything in life, without exception is either a blessing or a lesson. Enjoy the journey.
I hope you all are having an amazing December and enjoy the holiday season! I miss you all and am excited to hear/catch up with all the happenings in your life! What’s new? Whats happening? Any new races? Any big goals for 2017? Any new PR’s?!