So I am a little behind in posting because WOW is life busy!
This is an opportunity in the week to talk about things that are on your mind which is a really cool idea!
- I love hills! My 10k clinic ran a hill that intimidates all the runners in the SW… At the running room we call it “The Beast”. Our goal was to complete four and we finished with five hill repeats! Feeling VERY empowered today and so proud of my group for completing this challenge!
- Sooo In love with my bestie Jade’s baby girl Aria! I don’t think the world knew perfection before her. Her parents are really amazing so I guess she was destined for greatness but on a daily basis this little princess brightens my day.
- I ran the 10k Stampede Road Race. I had very little sleep the night before and didn’t get to do my favorite traditions (laying out my outfit, pasta dinner, warm bath before bed ) which resulted in a very poor performance in the race. I ended up finishing in 50:23 which is not terrible but one of my longest 10k’s in awhile. I saw some amazing people at the race though so that was my highlight.
- I have a new love for lime green! A couple Wednesdays ago it was the Running Rooms 32nd anniversary so there was a 20 minute challenge accompanied with great people and bright green hats! To top it off the rain started AFTER we finished running.
- My parents are in PEI and offered me a trip so I am definitely planning to go! How cute is my mom! She is improvising her workouts while away. Paddle boarding and Yoga on the RV! Way to go Momma! You Rock!
- I finally got in with the allergy specialist! I have been waiting six months so this is a plus.
- GILMORE GIRLS IS COMING TO NETFLIX! I do not think this needs any more explanation but needless to say I am excited!
- So Pokemon Go…. Is this really something everyone is doing? I have never been into this sort of thing so the idea of searching for Pokemon throughout the city is bizarre to me. Anyone want to explain the draw here? I am however quite amused by the funny gif’s that are associated with it.
- I made a vision board! I love waking up each morning and be reminded by this inspiration!
- How much coffee is too much coffee? My friend Chris is cutting caffeine out and suggested I give it a shot. I have 2-3… sometimes 7 cups of coffee a day and feel this is fine but apparently cutting a little caffeine out of your life poses many benefits. Anyone have any input here because in my opinion lots of coffee is what I need not the opposite.
- Obsessed with audio books right now! I am powering through one a day and it’s delightful! Anyone have any books that are good ones to read? I am open to fiction, non fiction, autobiographies, self help and really everything.
- I am giving paddle boarding a shot… I lack balance on the ground let alone on a board… on water. We will see how this goes but I am over the top excited to give this a try! My mom did it on the ocean this past week so I am hoping to channel her through this experience and maybe stay dry lol
- I have decided to sign up for a half marathon, potentially the Harvest half in Calgary. Anyone else doing it? I am going to start training right away and am so excited to get my time down with a goal of 1:30!
- A couple of my friends are having a rough go at life right now so everyday we say the top three things we are grateful for. It is such an amazing way to start the day! If you are having a rough time or have the summer blues give it a shot! I am thinking of starting a blog linkup for Everyday grateful. Posting Every Friday of all the things I was grateful for. Anyone else up for this?
The world is a beautiful place sometimes you just have to look to see the beauty around you… Yes I am on this crazy positive zen kick right now you should join me 🙂
I hope you all had an amazing week and enjoy the long weekend!